HeartSWell South West is a registered charity committed to supporting heart patients, their partners and carers across the Westcountry.
The tremendous efforts of volunteers and supporters have raised well over a million and a half pounds. This has enabled us to provide equipment such as Defibrillators and TOE probes, funding for a specialist counsellors at Derriford Hospital in particular, and the Region in general.
The completion of HeartSWell Lodge in Plymouth was a major milestone in our history.
How HeartSWell helps
• Counselling and patient information
• Essential equipment for hospitals
• Lifesaving equipment for communities
• Community defibrillator programme
We also provide overnight accommodation for patients and families receiving treatment at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth at The Lodge (an asset we own, and the profits from which support our work).
In 2015, HeartSWell South West benefited nearly 5,000 people with cardiac related problems.
• 700 people with heart conditions and members of their families stayed at HeartSWell Lodge.
• 700 – 800 people were helped by the Arrhythmia Care Coordinator.
• 60 organisations received defibrillators and 1,077 people have received first aid training (with a further 800 individuals to be trained in March 2017).
• 38 people benefited from 295 one to one counselling sessions.
• 30 people attended a monthly support group.
• Three GP surgeries received donations of new cardiac care equipment.
• 3000 people received the HeartSWell newsletter.