HeartSWell South West is a registered charity committed to supporting heart patients, their relatives and carers across Devon, Cornwall and The Scilly Isles.
The tremendous efforts of volunteers and supporters have raised well over a million and a half pounds.
The completion of HeartSWell Lodge in Plymouth was a major milestone in our history.
How HeartSWell helps
• Counselling, peer support and patient information for individuals across Devon, Cornwall and The Scilly Isles
• Essential equipment for hospitals such as 3D scanners, heart monitors and TOE probes
• Lifesaving defibrillator equipment and training for communities
• Newly developed technology and equipment to support the advancement of research and cardiac treatment
We also provide overnight accommodation for patients and families receiving treatment at Derriford Hospital and other local medical facilities in Plymouth at The Lodge (an asset we own, and the profits from which support our work).
In 2017, HeartSWell South West benefited nearly 5,000 people with cardiac related problems.
• 2,227 people with heart conditions and members of their families stayed at HeartSWell Lodge.
• 600+ people were helped by the Arrhythmia Care Coordinator.
• 29 organisations received defibrillators and 1,500 people have received first aid training, with the total number of people now trained being in excess of 4,000
• 69 people benefited from 414 one to one counselling sessions.
• 36 people attended a monthly support group.
• An average of 43 people utilised newly donated heart monitors to diagnose heart conditions.
• 3000 people received the HeartSWell newsletter.