Because of HeartSWell South West:
- There are fewer deaths from cardiac disease in the South West
- Those living with cardiac disease in the South West have a higher quality of life
- There is an increase in the number of people receiving treatment within their communities and a subsequent decrease in demand for hospital services
How we spend your money
HeartSWell needs around £150,000 each year to deliver its activities. A donation towards our work today will go towards one of the following items of activities:
- £56,000 will pay for a full time Arrhythmia Care Co-ordinator to support 1,250 cardiac patients each year
- £100 will fund a group counselling session
- £35 will pay for a one to one counselling session for someone experiencing the trauma associated with a life changing cardiac event
- £1,500 will pay for a community access defibrillator and training for community members in first aid
- £90,000 for a 3D scanner
- £9,000 an autopulse machine
- £246 for a hand held ECG machine
- £1,900 ECG machine
- £1,700 5 day loop heart monitor, to assist with accurate diagnosis of heart conditions
We also spend money on one off research projects.
Last year, we raised £147,000 and spent £202,000.
How to support us
If you are a UK taxpayer we can reclaim Gift Aid on your donations – that’s 25p extra on every £1 you give.
In order for us to be able to Gift Aid your donation, you need to sign a Gift Aid declaration form. We can either send you a form, please email us at email@example.com or you can download the form here
Sponsorship forms can be downloaded here